Auto Accidents

Auto accidents occur all too frequently on the roadways and can have life-changing effects to the individuals involved. From minor injuries that may initially go unnoticed to catastrophic injuries requiring immediate or long-term medical care, the damages sustained in a car accident can be vast-- and in worst case scenarios, may even lead to wrongful death. In the unfortunate event of an automobile accident, victims may be entitled to compensation for their physical pain and suffering, emotional distress or any other damages acquired in the accident. Contacting an experienced auto accident attorney will help you move forward in recovering your losses.


Driving-related injuries incurred from car accidents are often the result of recklessness and negligence on the roads due to distracted or aggressive driving, poor weather conditions, alcohol or drug use, fatigue, or a disregard to traffic laws. Following an accident, it is important to remember the following:


  • File a Report with the police and exchange all relevant contact information including full names, addresses and telephone numbers.
  • Do not discuss the accident or any injuries with anyone other than your physician or auto accident attorney.
  • Take photographs of all damages to interior and exterior of the car, as well as any physical injuries that may be evident.
  • Seek legal guidance from your auto accident attorney before signing any type of paperwork.
  • Report all pain and suffering to your personal physician or surgeon and if injuries sustained are inhibiting your employment.
  • Maintain a record of all damages pertaining to the accident by keeping track of receipts and expenses related to medical bills.


The personal injury attorneys at The Gilliam Firm, PLLC can help you seek justice and recovery for your losses. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured or a loved one has died due to the negligence of another driver in an automobile accident, contact The Gilliam Firm, PLLC immediately for a free review of the facts of your case.